“The You Matter Marathon reminded me the world could be kind. The impact this has is otherworldly.”
—Brooke, YMM participant
After a profound experience with a stranger in 2016, I founded the You Matter Marathon (YMM). The YMM creates positive connections within and between individuals and communities by inviting people to share business-sized cards with only the words, You Matter. Each year we mail 10 free You Matter cards to at least 5,000 individuals who signup on our website.
Since 2016 over 300,000 people and organizations from 100 countries have shared more than 2.6 million You Matter cards. And our participants tell us through surveys and stories how powerful the experience of giving and receiving a You Matter card can be. It makes people feel more connected, happy, and grateful.
You Matter for Leaders and Organizations
Today, as employees return to the office after years of upheaval, there’s a true need for them to feel good about themselves and connected to others.
Research shows there are significant benefits to both the receiver and the giver of the You Matter message.
Companies such as Amazon, Independence Blue Cross, and Penn Medicine have sponsored the YMM and used physical and digital You Matter cards to enable and encourage positive and affirming connections among their employees, and customers, thereby building kinder, more inclusive and affirming cultures.
Three Ways to Participate!
- Consider sponsoring the YMM. Your company will be visible to over 20,000 people and receive lots of free swag including You Matter cards, t-shirts and even a keynote from me.
- Be an ambassador in your organization. Use this Sign Up link to register. Then you’ll receive 10 free You Matter cards, plus a link to our You Matter Store where you can purchase discounted You Matter cards and more.
- Participate as an individual. Use this Sign Up link to register. Then you’ll receive 10 free You Matter cards to share any time and with anyone.
- Implementation Guide for Organizations
- You Matter Marathon website
- My TEDx: You Matter: Changing the World with Two Words
Never has it been more important to share this vital message.
Feel free to send me an email with questions or encouraging words.
“We are each other’s harvest; we are each other’s business; we are each other’s magnitude and bond.”